Word jij onze nieuwe IoT Application Architect?
Creating Healthy spaces has been Renson’s baseline for the past decade. As a next step to achieve our ambition, we are continuously updating our products to become connected smart devices.
To enable the further growth of our R&D IoT Infrastructure Team, Renson is looking for an Internet of Things Application Architect.
As IoT Application Architect, you will be considered the main expert on the topic of mobile and web application architecture and development and support the R&D manager for IoT as such.
- You are the first point of contact within Renson R&D to discuss technical issues with Renson’s mobile app competence center.
- You analyze dashboard requirements obtained from the product owner. Understand the needs of the involved stakeholders and design a solution that satisfies the requirements. Translate the suggested solution in an architecture plan and eventually a list of development tasks (documentation, software implementation and software release).
- You estimate the workload of development tasks.
- You propose specific technical solutions to tackle challenges w.r.t. app development and infrastructure (recommendation + alternatives) to functional and operational manager, team and guild.
- You write detailed documentation for selected solutions and present them to the developers.
- You monitor the execution of the selected solution and coach other developers to make sure these follow the designs (e.g. code review, test and documentation coverage, …).
- You set guidelines for good practices in collaboration with architecture guild and propagate these within Renson (e.g. design patterns, tooling, documentation style, frameworks, …).
- You coordinate with external parties that contribute to IoT applications w.r.t. technical issues.
- You will release web applications from development environments to staging and production environments by setting up and using CI/CD procedures and tools.
- You contribute to Renson’s innovations by supporting connected products and their surrounding functionality for our customers and partners.
- You will contribute to code development, carry out testing and create documentation in a CI/CD environment, and oversee deployment pipelines of our applications.
- You contribute to shaping our integrated Smart Home concepts as well as help us excel at customer service.
Renson has moved all their IoT infrastructure to the Azure public cloud. New systems developed in-house require a CI/CD-first approach and should be deployed and hosted on the cloud. Our ideology is to use as little as possible IaaS components and as much as possible PaaS services. Our preferred technology stack is limited to typescript, C# and python
- You have up to date knowledge of the state of art concerning mobile and web application development and architecture
- You have strong skills in problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical thinking.
- You are a team player: collaboration, oral and written communication
- You follow software engineering best practices: software testing, CI/CD, code reviews, version control, documentation
- You can design complex software systems and present documented architecture
- You have attention for details
- Azure Services
- Git source control
- .NET Core
- Experience with typescript or Xamarin is a plus
- Renson IoT puts you at the cutting edge of smart home development. The IoT team is embedded in the R&D department for digital innovation, a growing group of dynamic people with a bright future.
- Renson IoT provides unique opportunities to its team members to implement our Smart Home vision "Creating Healthy Spaces".